07554 420480


Is it necessary to employ a licensed drone operator for aerial photography and aerial filming?

Yes. It is necessary to employ a licensed operator for commercial work in the UK. Permission for Aerial Work or what the CAA now calls Commercial Operations (PfCO) is issued to us by the CAA (Civil Aviation Authority). If we look at it another way, would you happily get into a car of someone who hasn’t taken lessons and passed their test? Receiving a licence from the CAA means a pilot knows what the regulations are, abides by them, researches the area where flight will take place, is insured in case of unforeseen eventualities….


Do you carry insurance for your flights?

Yes. We have Public Liability Insurance in order to comply with regulations governing professional services in film and survey. We always supply evidence of cover prior to commencement of services together with our PfCO.


Are you able to film in any location?

No. Some areas of the UK, such as airports or military installations, as well as central London require special permission which has to be requested in advance of filming. It is also necessary to obtain permission from the landowner for take off and landing. Please also see a Brief Guide on UK Drone Regulations


Are you able to fly in any conditions?

For the best filming results we need winds of 10-12mph or less. Multi-rotors cannot fly in any kind of precipitation due to the electronic components so we recommend scheduling weather contingency dates for creative projects. For inspection work or photography there is usually much more flexibility.
In the lead up to your project we always assess regularly the weather forecasts and we will confirm whether the conditions are good to go or not. If not, we will not charge you for that day and we will find alternatives.


What is the flight time of the aircraft?

Depending on weather conditions, and whether we are filming or taking photographs, between 15min and 25mins. Once a battery gives us a low battery warning we lower the aircraft and change the battery to continue the shoot.


What is the range of the aircraft?

The range of the aircraft is technically limited only by the flight time. However, pilots must fly within visual line of sight (VLOS) of the aircraft, which is considered to be 500m from the pilot. In addition to this they must not fly over 400ft above the take-off position. These are the legal requirements set out by the CAA for safe flight. These distance are more than sufficient for the majority of, if not all projects.


Are you able to fly indoors?

Yes. Our aircraft systems provide stable indoor flight provided that the area is considered large enough to do so safely.


Is the use of drones safe?

Yes. As with any technical equipment and software things can go wrong. However, our equipment is fitted with multiple failsafe systems, including battery monitoring and automatic return to home functions in the event of signal loss. Our pilots are trained how to handle emergencies and we carry out a thorough risk assessment and site survey before lift-off to ensure that all foreseeable risks have been reduced. We will not fly if we consider that any member of the public, property or the crew is in danger. We are legally required to operate at a 50m from the general public and buildings/vehicles/vessels outside the control of our team – unless closed and/or cordoned we are not able to fly over roads or public spaces as they are not under the control of the team.


What locations do you cover?

We can cover all of England and Wales. Please contact us to discuss possible locations.


How can I find out how much it would cost?

Please contact us for more information. If you supply us with the postcode, whether you require photography or filming and as much information as possible, we will happily supply you with a free quotation.